Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Happy Heart

Many times tonight I paused...in those pauses I would feel a rush of tears coming & my eyes grew big with the realization that I'm doing what I love.

I watch people strive to do & become their best. I get to see their "ah-ha" moments. I feel the energy that a group brings to a room & I get to dance with it. The dance tonight began with laughter & openness...then calm & centering, frustration & edginess, exhaustion...yet still engaged, tension...releasing into warm gratitude & celebration, and finally...a surrender to stillness. What kept coming to my mind during all of this is "something big is happening". I was watching transformation. It was beautiful.

All of this goes on in a yoga class.

I see my students. I see them trying on new things & rising to the challenge. My favorite is when they try & their face lights up. Or maybe it's when they try & they start laughing when it doesn't work the first time...second...third...but they still try & they still laugh while doing so. Or maybe...when you can feel them internally cursing you & wanting out of a pose, but as they leave class they have lightness in their face & a peaceful bliss coma going on. Or maybe...during the smaller more intimate classes, we play....customize it to whatever they want...& not only do they get a practice out of it, they build friendships, & community as well.

I guess that I could go on about my favorites, because they really don't run out.

I'm doing what I love...& for that, I am grateful.