Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 1 & 2: The Walking "Grateful" Dead

Flight Schedule...

July 26, 2013 (Wed)
GRR 11:37 - CVG 12:45
CVG 17:40 - CDG 08:00 (+1)

*First Chocolate Pastry ; )
*Indulged in a quick 10-minute Chair Massage

July 27, 2013 (Thurs)
CDG 10:20 - BOD 11:35

I left for the airport Wednesday in a small panic, but more so, I was extremely grumpy from lack of sleep. I hadn't slept in over 27 hours...& if you know me well, you know that I require lots of sleep. Lots.

As my parents were saying their goodbyes at the airport, it was probably easier for them to part with me...& my grumpy attitude. ; ) I love you Mom & Dad~thank you for putting up with me. Xoxo

Once on the plane, the adrenaline began to kick in...there was no sleeping.

The Cincinnati layover was long...but I had to repack my suitcase in a neat & orderly fashion, as my last minute jam session wasn't cutting it for my OCD. This made the layover go by quickly. The organizing also put my mind at ease. When I was finished, I took a picture...I was a happy girl once again!

The flight to France was fantastic! I was greeted by the Air France flight attendants, wearing the most stunning red dress uniforms~the perfect shade of red/blue. Mmmm...still envious. There was a vast selection of movies from which to choose. I ended up choosing two films that I felt would complement my trip the most (with the exception of the silent portion).

Les Miserables (never seen before)
&
Gladiator (of course...I can't even count how many times I've seen this & most likely, this movie is the reason I'm going to Rome)

I watched them in that order. And from the second Anne Hathaway started singing... I. Was. A. Mess.



Fast forward to arriving at the step of Chambres de Gambetta...

So, you know how when little kids are so tired they cry?!? You could promise them a pony, try to give them their favorite candy, etc., but they're still delusional & crying?!?

That was me.

My room was beautiful. The entire flat balanced simplicity & delicate detail in a way that made me fantasize of what life would be like if living there permanently. I had to chuckle, as I began to realize while looking around~ that I had booked a completely different place than what I had thought I booked. But what was delivered, couldn't have been more perfect for me. ; )

After settling in, I walked down Cours de I'Intendance. I was tearing up at the site of anything foreign to me~which was everything. Beautiful doors, intricate details in their street lighting, Rue de Saint Catherine, Grande Theatre, etc. I was completely overwhelmed with gratitude...& uncontrollable alligator tears.

I made one decision before turning around & heading back to my room to collapse for the night: I booked a wine tasting tour for the next morning. ; )